Event date: 1/13/2019 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Export event
Event Location: 206 West 4th Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Become a USA Cycling Race Official!
It’s fun, you can do it part-time and you get paid!
Carolinas Cycling Association has clinics on
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 for new officials
- Sunday, January 13, 2019 for new motorefs
(pre-requisite for motorefs is completion of new officials clinic or already licensed Cat C Road Official)
What does an official do?
An Official’s License allows you to be a critical part of cycling events. You become a part of the event management that allows all of USA Cycling’s members to pursue their passion of racing, fairly and safely. It can be fun and very rewarding! As a USAC Official, you’ll learn to assist with the sporting and safety management of road races, criteriums, time trials, cyclocross, track and mountain bike races. There are many roles an official can take including referee, judge or motoref and it all starts with an officials clinic.
What kind of commitment does it require?
After you successfully complete the online or in-person exam, the USOC’s SafeSport training and a background check, you will receive a level C officials license. Officiate as many events as you like.... a couple of times a season or every weekend. You decide how many events you’d like to attend. Need more info? We can find officials for you to talk to!
Do I need a motorcycle?
Only if you would like to be a Motoref! Motorefs are required to take an additional day of training and an MVR check, but this is not a requirement to become a USA Cycling Official!
And I get paid?
Yes! You get paid for every event.
Where do I start?
A great place to get started is at the Carolinas Cycling Association Officials Clinic in Winston Salem, NC on 1/12/2018 and 1/13/2018. Email Stephen Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.650.1225 for more information. You may also visit www.usacycling.org
Please Contact Stephen Johnson to RSVP
● Clinics will start at 9:00 AM on both days, and will run no later than 5:00 PM, including the exam.
● No motorcycle is required for the Motoref clinic. Both clinics are fully conducted in the classroom.
● There will be a break for lunch.
● Clinics are sponsored by the Carolinas Cycling Association and the National Cycling Center in Winston Salem, NC. There is no cost to you for the clinics.