Category A upgrade clinic
If anyone is interested in attending a Category A upgrade clinic, please let Stuart or I know. If there is sufficient interest, Stuart will work on scheduling a clinic in the Southeast, probably in the Atlanta area. Here are the requirements to upgrade:
All of the experience requirements below are from the time a person became a B level official. All requirements are also specific to the discipline (road or track). In other words, if you have to have 25 races, then it is 25 races for road AND 25 races for track if you are doing both.
- Minimum age of 21 years
- 25 races in any position
- At least 4 of the 25 must be at the national level or higher (NRC races, National Championships, UCI races, etc.)
- Two seasons minimum since reaching B
- Take the level A upgrade clinic and pass the test with at least a 75%
- Take level B module 0, 12,13, and 14
- Provide two letters of recommendation from any of the following:
- Your USAC Regional Coordinator
- Your Local Association Official’s assigner
- Active Level A or higher officials
- Of the 25* races since becoming a B, at least two must be stage races
- Must be Chief Referee at 5 races minimum
- Must be Chief Judge at 5 races minimum
* Only two cyclo-cross races count for the road upgrade experience.
Also, please make sure to sign up for any cyclocross races you want to work. Tim Hopkin has finalized the locations for the NC fall series and I am working on those assignments now. I have made assignments for the upstate SC series, but not the Charleston series yet.
Enjoy this beautiful weather… Judy